Friday, April 17, 2009

First blog

I've been thinking of actually starting to blog for quite awhile, as I've had this page for that long. As anyone who has visited will know that I have never actually posted a blog. I usually think of all the interesting and witty remarks I can make around 3:00 AM when I'm not sleeping but I really don't want to ruin the chance of going to sleep by actually getting up and forming complete sentences for a post.

Dave and I are at a very interesting point in our lives right now. We have been married since 1977 and are amazingly and wonderfully still in love with each other! This doesn't mean that we never have disagreements and we never get on each others nerves. What is means is that I still get a tingle when I look at him across the room and when I see him do something tender with one of our grand kids or while helping the youth in our stake or ward. I know he's told me that he still gets that tingle too. We love to laugh and have a good time.

We are now into the empty nest syndrome and it's actually very fun! I love each of my children and their spouses dearly, but it's nice to have our house to ourselves and not have kids and their friends trooping in. I loved that time of life when I was in it and I love when everyone comes to visit, but I like just having Dave around too! As a matter of fact, I kind of miss those nights I had to myself when Dave was Bishop and I could watch what ever I wanted on TV or not have the TV on at all! (I love you sweetie, but it's a man thing, you do control the remote!)

It is an interesting time in our lives as we are now parenting adult children. It's very interesting that parenting doesn't end when your children go to college, a mission or get married. You just have more of them to parent, or to try too hard not to parent. Our oldest son is teaching me how to be a grandparent and not a meddling grandparent. I can't say that I have always succeeded in not meddling but I do think I'm getting just a bit better. Poor Ben, his whole life will be spent as my prototype. Sorry Ben, but someone had to be the oldest. I hope the rest of my children can benefit just a bit from what I have learned through Ben's children.

I am so blessed to be a grandma. It is the greatest thing in the whole world. It makes having kids worth all teh sacrifice! We just found out that a surprise grandbaby (#7) is on it's way. Ben and Stacy thought they were through having children but God had other plans for them and this new baby will be arriving in December. Dave and I know what it's like to have unplanned children. Of our 5 children only one was planned, but we have discovered the Lord knew far more then we did when it came down to planning our family.

I think I've rambled enough for my first blog and I will try to be a bit consistent if life will let me! Life is good and I'm grateful for all my blessings!




2 comments:

Patrish said...

Great first post! You're a natural...I love blogging but I have to admit that I've lost some interest in it, I had higher expectations that family and friends would visit and leave comments! A few did, but I get more of the interaction I was hoping for on Facebook, believe it or not! I love the concept of a blog though for keeping people posted on things, posting pictures, sharing, etc. We just need to train more people, and with templates, it's so easy now!!! Good job Jeanine!!

PS, how's the new house coming??

Jeanine's blog said...

Pat, I try to click on your link and it won't let me go to your blog so I guess I need you to allow me in.

The house isn't started yet, but that's OK. It's giving us time to get the temple celebration done the end of May before we have to worry about moving! They should dig the foundation next week and then the should should be finished about 6 weeks after that. IF all goes well. We have picked out and paid for our upgrades so that is all take care of.

We delayed it a bit because the lot we first wanted became available so we switched lots. I'd rather wait for the exact lot I want instead of hurrying and wishing I lived elsewhere. Then someone in the office send in the wrong paperwork for the building permit so that set us back a few weeks too. As I said before, it's fine with me. Now if we could just get someone to come look at our house. I'm hoping the nice weather will bring people out.

Time to get ready for the Saturday night meeting for Stake Conference. President Elegante is being released tomorrow and last night we had the opportunity to attend the temple with Joel Puche. He will be leaving for his mission to Boise in July. Fun stuff!